Monday 23 March 2015

127: Jorden Andrew sits on my deck

As my regular readers -- and Second Life/Facebook friends -- all know, I popped the question to my fiancé Alex Thaub a few weeks ago. What really made the occasion special was the great experience of dining at the Terrace Lounge and Grille beforehand. Jorden Andrew made our meal special and comfortable, 
and at the end, he and I arranged a little surprise of some fireworks that helped me get over my jitters and propose!  I thought then that The Terrace was a cleverly executed and intelligent idea and I made a note to interview Jorden -- and here he is!


[19:09] Rusty Redfield: *click* and start 
the tape recorder -- there we go!
[19:09] Rusty Redfield: I'm here with Jorden Andrew on my deck, who's kindly consented to an interview -- welcome Jorden!
[19:10] Jorden Andrew: Thank you :)
[19:10] Rusty Redfield: I met Jorden a while ago -- he runs the restaurant where I proposed to my fiance right after dinner
[19:10] Rusty Redfield: and did a fantastic job of making the ambience perfect!
[19:10] Rusty Redfield: so I thought, hmm, THERE's an interesting job -- and I'll ask him a few questions for you all!
[19:11] Rusty Redfield: so let me start with my first question --
[19:11] Rusty Redfield: 1.  Why do you stay in Second Life?  What keeps you 
here?
[19:12] Jorden Andrew: Besides my family. . .triplets 2 years old and a Son 17. . .my restaurant, The Terrace Lounge and Grille.
[19:12] Rusty Redfield: and just so you know, I always add a SLURL so people can find you
[19:12] Rusty Redfield: at the restaurant that is (and here it is!)
[19:12] Jorden Andrew: Excellent
[19:12] Rusty Redfield: you have triplets! amazing, that must be time consuming
[19:12] Rusty Redfield: congratulations!
[19:13] Jorden Andrew: Thank you. . .they are a delight :)
[19:13] Rusty Redfield: and if they're 2, you must be getting a LITTLE sleep now LOL
[19:13] Jorden Andrew: Smiles
[19:14] Jorden Andrew: They are here most of the day beginning at 10 AM until bedtime at 9
[19:14] Rusty Redfield: so you and your partner overlap parenting I guess
[19:14] Rusty Redfield: and maybe your 17-year-old lends a hand?
[19:14] Jorden Andrew: I am a single parent, Rusty :)
[19:15] Rusty Redfield: wow
[19:15] Rusty Redfield: my hat's off to you
[19:15] Jorden Andrew: I also have a 5 year old God Daughter
[19:15] Rusty Redfield: that's a lot of responsibility
[19:15] Rusty Redfield: I'm going to talk about the restaurant in a while with you, but I always pitch a couple of softballs 
first
[19:15] Rusty Redfield: 2. What are the qualities that attract you to people in Second Life?
[19:16] Jorden Andrew: Sincerity
[19:19] Jorden Andrew: I will be celebrating eight years in Second Life this August. . .relationships are to me so much more intense then in RL. . .because we do spend so much time 
just knowing each other. . .I have a wonderful supportive extended family in SL. . .wonderful friends. . .and of course my immediate family.
[19:19] Rusty Redfield: I know what you mean -- it seems like relationships here are very intense, I like that word
[19:20] Jorden Andrew: I enjoy serving people at the restaurant. . .hoping that their experience is bringing them as a 
couple or family closer together.
[19:20] Rusty Redfield: <smiling> well, that's a nice segue to my next question
[19:21] Rusty Redfield: which is where you get to tell everyone anything you want to, about your restaurant
[19:21] Rusty Redfield: 3. What are you working on, as a form of artistic expression or in order to earn money, or both?
[19:21] Rusty Redfield: And let me say, I think your restaurant is a BRILLIANT idea
[19:21] Jorden Andrew: Smiles
[19:21] Rusty Redfield: such good ambience, and a great role play experience
[19:22] Jorden Andrew: My restaurant of course. . .always new ideas. I have a wonderful business partner. . .I call her 
the "Boss" affectionately
[19:23] Rusty Redfield: and go ahead and namecheck your business partner LOL
[19:24] Jorden Andrew: Just before I came over here we started our plans for a Easter Weekend including a Egg Hunt, Afternoon Tea, and Live Entertainment.
[19:24] Rusty Redfield: very cool!
[19:24] Rusty Redfield: your menus are 
really interesting, and very suited to the locations (as far as I know) -- that sounds like lots of fun!
[19:25] Jorden Andrew: My partner, the "Boss", is Jєωєℓℓѕ Munrσ (Jewell Munro).
[19:25] Jorden Andrew: Thank you :)
[19:25] Rusty Redfield: do you collaborate on everything, or each has his/her own specialty?
[19:26] Jorden Andrew: Both
[19:26] Rusty Redfield: perfect
[19:26] Rusty Redfield: never hurts to run something past your associates
[19:26] Jorden Andrew: She is the promoter. . .the firecracker of ideas.
[19:26] Jorden Andrew: and we make lists together of who will do what. . .
[19:27] Jorden Andrew: I have always been a "Things To Do" person. . .and I 
finally met someone who enjoys lists. . .Grins
[19:27] Rusty Redfield: hahaha
[19:28] Rusty Redfield: you warm the cockles of my obsessive-compulsive heart ROFL
[19:28] Jorden Andrew: Exactly
[19:28] Jorden Andrew: :)
[19:28] Rusty Redfield: how long has the restaurant been in business?
[19:30] Jorden Andrew: Five years in Second Life; however, I met Jewells just about a year ago and she was the fire. Before that maybe one or two bookings a week and now we are busy most of the time the restaurant is open.
[19:31] Rusty Redfield: and let me add -- if you want to have dinner with a friend, they'll do you right, but if you want to pop the question, you canNOT find a better place.
[19:31] Rusty Redfield: It was a romantic experience I'll remember for a long, long time
[19:31] Jorden Andrew: Since we are talking about Jewells. . . I have to say this. . .she and my daughter are the decorators and landscapers :)
[19:31] Rusty Redfield: you have a bunch of different private dining spaces
[19:32] Jorden Andrew: Yes, we do try to assist with proposals, anniversaries, weddings, birthdays, and More.
[19:32] Jorden Andrew: Yes, we do Rusty
[19:32] Rusty Redfield: I'll say.  when the fireworks spelled out "Will you marry me?" I had tears in my eyes LOL
[19:32] Jorden Andrew: At the moment eight
[19:32] Jorden Andrew: awwwwwww :)
[19:32] Jorden Andrew: I did as well :)
[19:33] Rusty Redfield: the alpine mountain skybox
[19:33] Jorden Andrew: I do get chills every time
[19:33] Rusty Redfield: it must be a big part of your business?
[19:34] Jorden Andrew: It actually is. . .the photos and descriptions are located on our website at https://terraceloungeandgrille.wordpress.com/
[19:34] Rusty Redfield: perfect.  So check that out folks, I promise you'll enjoy yourselves
[19:34] Jorden Andrew: Our goal with the private venues is romance :)
[19:34] Rusty Redfield: you scored 100% with us ;-)
[19:35] Rusty Redfield: So just a few more questions, I know you're a busy guy
[19:35] Rusty Redfield: 4. If you could give advice to your earlier self in the first month that you spent in Second Life, what would you say?
[19:35] Jorden Andrew: we do try to depict Real Life to the maximum
[19:35] Rusty Redfield: sorry, I cut you off, apologies
[19:36] Jorden Andrew: All of the menus and dishes are created in house.
[19:36] Rusty Redfield: and -- speaking as someone who is into fine dining, it's VERY realistic
[19:36] Jorden Andrew: My advise would be follow your dreams. . ."Just Do It"
[19:36] Rusty Redfield: nice!
[19:37] Rusty Redfield: haha mine was "Don't spend so much damn money" but I like yours better!!
[19:37] Jorden Andrew: LOL
[19:37] Jorden Andrew: But it's fun. . .
[19:37] Rusty Redfield: now my next question I've been tinkering with a little bit.
[19:37] Rusty Redfield: 5. What do you think makes avatars look attractive?
[19:38] Rusty Redfield: (I have a lot of new Residents as readers, I am told, and that's what they want to know)
[19:38] Jorden Andrew: You know this is a interesting question. . .
[19:38] Rusty Redfield: good!
[19:38] Rusty Redfield: hahaha
[19:38] Jorden Andrew: I believe the behavior of an avatar is most important. . .
[19:39] Jorden Andrew: some folks think that it's just a screen. . .so we can say and do what we want. . .
[19:39] Rusty Redfield: ah yes
[19:39] Rusty Redfield: we all meet folks like that
[19:41] Jorden Andrew: It's the person inside the avatar. . .and because Second Life is intense. . .this is what attracts me
[19:41] Rusty Redfield: that's an interesting way of expressing it, and I think you have a good point
[19:41] Jorden Andrew: However, we all want to look good . . .
[19:41] Jorden Andrew: no question :)
 [19:41] Rusty Redfield: the sexiest part of any resident is the brain? LOL
 [19:41] Jorden Andrew: Yes
 [19:42] Jorden Andrew: so folks go mesh. . .
[19:42] Jorden Andrew: easier for women then men. . .
[19:42] Jorden Andrew: although The Mesh Project has a good looking body for men. . .I wouldn't get the head yet though guys
[19:43] Rusty Redfield: yeah, I know women seem to look very effortlessly beautiful here
 [19:43] Rusty Redfield: all my friends are debating TMP bodies, for sure
[19:43] Jorden Andrew: Yeah I did
[19:43] Jorden Andrew: but
[19:43] Jorden Andrew: I can't really wear all of my Mesh Clothes with it. . .so I alternate
[19:44] Jorden Andrew: and I do not wear the Mesh Head
[19:44] Rusty Redfield: yes, that's what I've heard. slooowly it's getting better though, right?
[19:44] Jorden Andrew: anyway off the subject :)
[19:44] Jorden Andrew: Yes
[19:44] Rusty Redfield: haha not to worry, almost done
[19:44] Rusty Redfield: one more -- maybe two
[19:44] Rusty Redfield: 6. What’s your favourite place to spend time in Second Life?
[19:44] Jorden Andrew: My home with my family :)
[19:45] Rusty Redfield: sounds perfect
[19:45] Rusty Redfield: wouldn't change that!
[19:45] Rusty Redfield: one more quick question that I'm trying out, but it's easy
[19:45] Rusty Redfield: 7. What are your favourite games?
[19:45] Rusty Redfield: we all share Second Life in common, but I'm curious about the other ways people amuse themselves
[19:46] Jorden Andrew: I don't really have favorite RL games. . .I enjoy my friends in Real Life and that's not a game
[19:47] Jorden Andrew: and to me either is Second Life.
[19:47] Rusty Redfield: no, I agree.  Second Life is NOT a game.
[19:47] Jorden Andrew: I don't consider this a game. . .
[19:47] Rusty Redfield: well, maybe I'll re-work that question LOL.
[19:47] Jorden Andrew: :)
[19:47] Rusty Redfield: listen, almost done, but I always offer people the chance to say anything they want at the end
[19:47] Rusty Redfield: philosophy, rant, good advice -- whatever you like.
[19:48] Jorden Andrew: I am glad you enjoyed your restaurant experience with us, Rusty, and am pleased that you wanted to interview me.
[19:49] Rusty Redfield: oh, my pleasure.  It's always worthwhile bringing people to really cool experiences here, and wow, I sure enjoyed your restaurant a LOT
[19:49] Jorden Andrew: Thank you :)
[19:49] Jorden Andrew: I hope that you visit us again soon :)
[19:50] Rusty Redfield: VERY soon, promise.
[19:50] Jorden Andrew: Smiles
[19:50] Rusty Redfield: thank you again for your time --
[19:50] Rusty Redfield: let me find this damn button *click*

So there you have it, folks. Believe me, Jorden and his associates take your dining pleasure -- and your proposal -- very seriously and they’re always looking for new ways to help you enjoy yourself.  Check it out!


3 comments:

  1. That was a great interview Rusy, I like your style!! and congratulations to you and Alex, I'm very glad you enjoyed that experience at the Terrace! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. dang fingernails! sorry Rusty I spelt your name incorrectly :O

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha not to worry. Glad you enjoyed it and Alex and I will be back soon!

    ReplyDelete