Thursday 15 January 2015

099: #DoTheRightThingforAvacar

I can't say this any better than the man who wrote it, my friend Bock McMillan:

http://bocksl.blogspot.ca/2015/01/dotherightthingforavacar.html

This has to do with the estate of the late Avacar Bluestar, about whose extraordinary memorial service I wrote here. As the owners and operators of Gay Fun World, Avacar and his partner Ricogenu Bluestar were together for more than three years ... but the Gay Fun World sim does not automatically transfer to Rico's ownership, as might be the case in a sensible world. Apparently Avacar's real-life family doesn't want his legacy to continue (read Bock's blog for all the information) and, as I understand it, Gay Fun World will therefore be finished.

There's two things Bock is asking us to do, and I'll put them clearly here for you:

I would like all of my family and friends - straight or gay - to join me in telling Ebbe Altberg, the CEO of Linden Lab, and Linden Lab itself that it is time for them to take a stand against homophobia, to make an exception and to transfer the GFW sims to Rico.

and

If you have a Twitter account please retweet my tweet and ask your friends to do so too. (#DoTheRightThingforAvacar). 

Please help Bock McMillan and Ricogenu Bluestar to regain control of Avacar Bluestar's legacy for the benefit of the LGBT community in Second Life.  




No comments:

Post a Comment